Sunday, April 10, 2011

Where is my energy?!

I don't know what it is, no scratch that, I know it's this deployment that makes sleep evade me.  When The Hubby is home we are in bed by 9 pm and snoozing away in about an hour.  However, trying to stay connected on opposite sides of the world makes my bedtime hover somewhere between 11pm and 1am.  Staying at home with the kids would make you think I could squeeze in a nap, but that is hardly ever the case.

Today was a pretty easy Sunday.  I was able to sleep in till about 9am with a few interruptions in sleep around 7am or so from The Boy.  After breakfast we headed off to Lowe's to get some pegs for our pantry and some recycling bins.  Mom and I have been reorganizing the food supplies so we can make our shopping lists easier.  Also, this past weekend was Sissy's first time sitting up in the cart alone.  She loved it.  She didn't know what to look at!



After that I cooked pulled pork for dinner; it was delicious, got lost driving to a friends house and watched a movie with The Boy.  He's getting so big so fast that I treasure the times when he wants to sit in my lap and give me kisses.  He melts my heart and brings tears to my eyes.  I can't imagine Sissy being as big as her brother, but I know that day is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment