Friday, April 22, 2011

Back on track!

I went on a short hiatus since I was sick for a week with a terrible sinus infection.  I could barely function to play my roles as mommy, worker and Cinderella, let alone blogger.  So, now that I am feeling better I can get back to documenting our days.  Here's a recap of what everyone missed in the very exciting life that is mine.  (That was a joke, it really is rather dull without my hubby around.)

April 16: I took the boys (Gabe and Xa) to sign up at the YMCA since it was free that day.  Gabe loved the daycare and Xa enjoyed the rec room.  They have a great facility with a trail, a pool and tons of equipment and staff that will show you how to use it and train you - all included in your membership.  Xa was even more excited when I told him they had a spy day camp this summer.  He can't wait to go!  After the Y we headed to the movies.  It was Gabe's first time ever at a movie theater.  Since we were running late I wasn't able to get his picture since the previews were running by the time we got our seats.  He did such a good job -- better than I expected.  We saw "Rio" which I thought was a cute little movie.  We finished the day by celebrating our next door neighbor's 89th birthday.  Gabe was so excited to help him with his cards and of course, the cake.  He only likes the icing so Dad helped him finish his piece.



April 17: We cleaned out the fish pond in the backyard and let Gabe and Xavier put the fish back in.  Gabe was insistent on touching/holding them but when give the chance declined.  He still had a good time "helping."  Lilli lending a hand too, of course!




April 18-21: I can't think of what we did so it must not have been worthy enough to write about.  Except for the day when Luis sent me flowers since I had been feeling down.  He's such a sweetie.


Finally, today:  We started our day off with breakfast at IHOP, which let me tell you is NOT on my new diet, so I guess I'll start it again next week.  Or maybe the week after since I'm headed back to Texas for vacation...  Anyways, after breakfast everyone took naps, except me of course, who had to do laundry and finish the diaper cake I've been putting off for over a month now.  And then after Gabe's nap, with inspiration from my good friend Laura and the cricut, he made sun catchers for his teacher appreciation cards and a butterfly for Mother's Day coming up. All the websites I looked at online said tissue paper and contact paper is a great project for toddlers.  They were right.  Gabe loved doing them.  Although towards the end he decided it was more fun to crumple the paper than to lay it on the paper flat.  They still turned out beautiful. 




We went out for dinner to a local pub restaurant for catfish (Gabe and I had chicken strips) and headed back home before the storm hit -- again.  (Side note, earlier during the week Mom and I went to Target for a birthday card and ended up sitting for 45 minutes in the back of the store with all the other crazy storm shoppers.  Not fun.)  The sirens kept going off so we turned on the news and sure enough there were two super cells north and south of us.  We barely got any rain but for good measure we camped out in the basement eating milk and cookies watching the news about all the damage from the storm.  It tore part of the roof off the airport, shattered windows and moved a shuttle bus on top of a building.  Gabe liked that picture, he kept asking how they would get it down.  Such a curious little boy.  After an hour or so it was safe to head back upstairs where my sweet babies are now snoozing away.  And, I, about to join them.





No comments:

Post a Comment