Tuesday, April 26, 2011

He calls me 'Mom'

I have the most adorable two-year old boy anyone can ask for but I'm sure anyone with a two-year old can tell you how frustrating the job of Mommy can be at times.  I have to say right now my biggest frustration and pet-peeve is that he calls me 'Mom'.  Like a moody teenager, everything is "Hey, Mom" or "Ok, Mom."  I just don't like the ring to it like I do 'Mommy' from my sweet little boy.  Yes, I know I am crazy but it just gets under my skin. 

Gabe and Mommy - July 2009
 In other news I got absolutely nothing accomplished today for the upcoming trip to Texas other than a mani/pedi that I have needed ever since, well, I can't remember the last one I got, and I bought a dress for the wedding.  I'll be glad when I actually start seeing results from my weight loss and can feel comfortable in clothes again.  The gloomy weather sure hasn't helped that depression any either.  But with a little bit of sunshine this week I actually took the time to style my hair.  It's the small things in life, really.  I posted the picture on Facebook to celebrate the occasion and was greatly surprised by the amount of love and support my FB friends have shown me.  It truly lifted my spirits when I really needed it.  For that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment