Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Very Merry Un-Anniversary to Me!

Well, actually it was yesterday.  haha.  It's hard to remember to celebrate an un-anniversary, but it was our day none the less. 

Why do we have an un-anniversary?  Well, we got married in November; the day Luis came back from his second tour in Iraq.  He landed around 3:30 pm and we were at the courthouse by 4.  I think they closed at 4:30 plus it was a Friday.  I joked with him that if he didn't get here in time he'd have to find somewhere else to live till Monday.  I guess things do happen for a reason.  So, since we got married in such a hurry with only a few girlfriends of mine present (none of which I speak to anymore) we decided to have a ceremony for friends and family to take part in our day.  So, I choose April 4 since that same day the year prior was the day he said I was the "The One" and he loved me.  Sappy, I know. 

April 4, 2008 was a beautiful spring day in Austin, a bit chilly, but blue skies and sunshine.  I said "I Do" (again) to the man of my dreams.  This time it was with family and friends that love us.  Our small ceremony was perfect, I wouldn't change a thing!  So, a day late: Very Merry Un-Anniversary to you, Luis!  I love you!



1 comment: