Saturday, April 2, 2011

Laundry, a Birthday Party and Lawn Mowing, Oh My!

I love the weekends.  I know I only work part-time, but the weekends I have off are wonderful days that pack a lot of fun and spending time with the kiddos without having to rush off to work or school.  However, today was an especially long day.

First of all, last night, Gabe decided he wanted to sleep on the floor behind his door instead of his bed.  He usually does this at least once when I put him to bed.  Typically after I put him back in bed he stays and goes to sleep; not last night.  I must have told him to get back in bed six times and finally I just got tired of getting out of bed so I was going to let him sleep on the floor.  He started crying so I went in to get him and let him sleep with me.  I don't like to sleep with Gabe in the bed because I never get any sleep.  If I'm not woken up a million times with little toes in my side, or him flip-flopping from having his head to his feet on the pillow, I get up to check on him to make sure he isn't too close to the edge.  But, last night since he obviously wasn't going to stay in his bed, I thought that would ultimately get me more rest.  So, I went in his room to rescue him and as soon as I picked him up he threw up.  So I rushed him to the bathroom, got him cleaned up and laid him in my bed.  He's has throwing up down to a science it seems.  He can be perfectly fine, throw up and then go right back to whatever he was doing.  This is especially true if he has been crying.  (Too much info?  Sorry about that, as a mommy of two throwing up and poop are just every day topics it seems.)


He immediately got extra comfy on my side with my pillow.  And he wanted Dora.  Of course, there was no Dora on TV, let alone any other cartoon so I had to get my DVD player from the living room TV where I had let Dad use it when his went out.  I let him watch Dora for 30 minutes or so until I could tell he was ready for bed.  Despite him being tired, and it being after midnight at this point, I don't think either one of us got any rest.  It felt like every hour on the hour he asked to get down and I had to tell him no.  Finally at 7:30 I figured Dad would be up and he could watch TV with him a bit.  However, I was unable to get back to sleep at this point.  It was just as well since I had laundry to do anyways.

Once Gabe helped me fill the washer with load one of six we headed back upstairs to organize my closet in the bathroom.  Such a strange thing to do at 8am on a Saturday morning, but it had to be done.  Then, we ate some breakfast did some more laundry and I finally found time to rest my eyes for a moment that turned into two hours.  (Sorry Luis, I know that was our convo time.  But I greatly appreciate the rest!)  So I had to hurry and get ready to head out to Alex's birthday party at the Little Gym.

Gabe didn't get a nap so he slept in the car on the way to the party.  When we got there, he was not interested in playing with the kids or doing anything other than excessive crying.  So he sat alone for ten minutes or so until he was ready to be sociable.  He finally started to warm up to the party when they began playing with the tent balloon thing.  I don't know the technical term for it but it's a big circle and you wave it up and down and run under it type of thing.  After that he was ok on his own and played with the balls, bubbles and finally tried some of the gym equipment.  I was kind of surprised it took him so long since he had been there before but I guess with no sleep the night before and no nap I'd be grumpy and unsociable too.





Happy Birthday Alex!

Once we got home we ate some dinner, I let him have some ice cream as a snack and him and Dad mowed the backyard.  He just loves the lawn mower.  It was kinda sad seeing him on the mower tonight because I remember when he was Lilli's age and riding with Dad on it.  Time sure does fly.  When Luis is gone I don't mind it as much but to see my sweet little baby turn into a little boy, that's time I'd like to rewind once in a while.  After yard work he came to Hobby Lobby with Mom and I to get some Easter stuff for the guys and gals in the desert.  Hopefully they will get the stuff before Easter comes and goes!

Dad and Gabe - April 2011

Dad and Gabe - May 2009




We watched The Princess and the Frog and read a Mickey Mouse book.  He fell asleep before the movie was over so hopefully he'll rest well tonight.  Tomorrow is another day of laundry for me and some much needed relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment