Tuesday, April 12, 2011

And we're walking....

Today was a beautiful day!  It was the perfect temperature all day with the sun shining and, of course, I had to work.  I'm not really complaining, I mean I get off at 1:30 so I had plenty of time to enjoy it.  The Boy stayed home from school today because we just can seem to get over his "allergies" that he has since given to Lilli, me and Dad.  Mom had it briefly, but I think she is better now.  Poor kiddo has had a runny nose for a month now and they say there's just not a whole lot we can do.  In any case, when I got home he was taking his nap so I chatted with Luis a bit and started on dinner.  I made Swedish Meatballs, noodles and peaches.  My child does not eat meat unless it is in a casserole or a fried chicken nugget.  Today, he surprised us all and ate four, yes FOUR, meatballs.  He ate more meatballs than he did noodles, which are by far his favorite.  I know the poor thing hasn't really had an appetite for anything other than Popsicles but I couldn't believe when he kept asking for more.

After dinner I drug Mom to the park where we walked the trail with the babies.  It was a mile and a half of perfect weather and great company.  We even had some Marine recruits running around us which quite mesmerized The Boy.  After our walk we promised him some time on the slides and he finally slid down the big kid slide without me holding his hand.  He is getting too big I tell you!  (I brought my camera to document our night out and I left it in the car - go figure!)  I'm hoping that the we can make this a regular evening event.  I have one more day before I start my herbal supplement so we cheated and I made chocolate chip cookies.  They were the perfect ending to the perfect day.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog today! Very cute. I hope you will come check me out too!

    ReplyDelete