Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day Blessings

Today was Mother's Day.  Not only am I blessed to have a wonderful Mother who has been a great role model and shown me how to be loving, caring, compassionate and giving but I have two wonderful children who look up to me to do the same.





I am thankful today, as everyday, to have such blessings in my life.  I know being a mother would not be possible if not for my wonderful husband who helped me create our little miracles.  He is truly my better half, my rock when I need strength and my sounding board when I've had a bad day.  I am so lucky that he puts up with me and my deployment mood swings and reassures me everyday that I am doing a great job as mommy and wife. 



I was able to sleep in till 9am this morning, but staying up till 1:30 the night before doesn't really give you the rest sleeping in is supposed to provide, but it was great none-the-less.  Once we were all up and dressed we grabbed brunch at the Golden Corral.  They were super busy but we were able to get a table right away and were lucky enough to get samples of both breakfast and lunch menus.  I'm usually not a fan of buffets but the food was fresh and delicious.  I guess it pays to go when it's busy so everything is replenished in a timely manner.  After brunch we bought groceries, chatted with Luis on web cam and lounged around the house.  Dad wasn't feeling well come dinner time, so Mom and I took the kids to a new Mexican restaurant in town.  The food was the best Mexican food I've had since I left Texas!  I was quite pleased.  They even gave us complementary chocolate covered strawberries for the holiday.  We spent the rest of the evening playing in the backyard and feeding the fish in the pond.  Poor Gabe missed his nap today so he went right to sleep when I laid him in bed.  Once can only hope that means he sleeps in tomorrow, but I doubt it, in which case I'll be up at 6:30am bright and early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment