Wednesday, March 2, 2011

On the Road Again...

One of the perks I enjoy about being a stay-at-home Mommy is that I have more free time to travel and visit with relatives.  It's especially nice now that Mom has a new schedule and gets every other Friday off; so we can all take trips together.  Both of my babies have been on -he-go since they were born, so being in a car seat for hours doesn't faze them at all. 

Gabe's First Road Trip - February 2009
Lilli's First Trip - October 2010

Two weekends ago we headed to Tulsa, Oklahoma to visit my grandmother since she had been in the hospital.  Not the greatest reason for a visit, but luckily she was released the day we arrived and was doing quite well.  I particularly like visiting Oklahoma because there are younger cousins for Gabe to play with.  He loves interacting with them.  There's just something different about playing with little people and not Mom.

Samantha pulling Gabe in the wagon

Jacob and Gabe playing ball

For Lilli, she is in heaven because she is held all the time.  And when she was done being passed around like a hot potato she was content to roll around on the floor.  She has finally decided it is okay to be on her tummy, so she frequently rolls over during her sleep.  In fact, almost every morning now, we find her tummy-side down.  She adored every one in Tulsa as much as they did her.

Great Grandma Tuck and Lilli
Catching some zzzz's with Aunt Susie

This weekend we are headed to Kentucky to visit some of my Dad's family: my Great Aunt Martha and my Aunt Mary.  I'm sure the kiddos will enjoy this trip as much as they have enjoyed all the others.

Gabe, 4 months, with his Great, Great Aunt Martha
May 2009
Gabe, 4 months, and Great Aunt Mary
May 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment