Saturday, March 26, 2011

Is it Springtime Yet?

The past few days have been kinda blah to me. Thursday Gabe headed back to "school."  He was so excited to go back.  He got his backpack together the night before and was ready!  Sadly, when I dropped him off the next morning he cried.  For the very first time since attending the daycare at the local Baptist Church, he cried.  I felt so bad.  I think it was hard for him this week since his Daddy had left for "work" two short days prior.  He was in good spirits when I picked him up that evening so I guess he managed to have fun throughout the day.

"Ready for school Mama"

Friday didn't seem to hold too much excitement either.  The weather turned bitterly cold and even started to snow.  I knew Gabe needed to run off some energy since he was extra whiny that morning.  So, after his short nap I promised him McDonald's for lunch so he could go slide.  He was so excited he ate one chicken nugget and two apple slices and couldn't stand it anymore.  He needed to be in there with the kids.  So, off we went into the play area.  He took his shoes off like all the other kids and started to slowly explore.  I knew he wouldn't actually climb in anything and slide down since I wasn't going in with him.  He's not quite brave enough just yet to try on his own.  But he did start to climb up one side that had large steps.  He made it up two and cried because he couldn't reach the bottom step to slide down.  He would figure out one step but wouldn't do the same maneuver for the next one.  Despite his inability to get down he decided to climb further up.  He was so proud of himself.  And then reality set in for him.  He was high and couldn't get down.  Another little girl went in the same area and acted like she wanted to play with him a bit and when he said "Help me" she gave him a snotty look and took off.  (I won't write what I wanted to say to that mean little girl, but I'm sure you can imagine.)  Anyways, after about 5 minutes of crying I knew he wasn't about to try again like he had been so I had to go rescue him.  In doing so I jammed my middle finger and it hurts terribly.  He was sad to leave of course but he needed another nap - he was sooo grumpy!


Today it snowed some more and what little hits of Spring we had last week are covered in snow.  No pretty yellow daffodils or tulip leaves peeking out for sunshine; just snow, snow and more snow.  So, I ask...is it Springtime yet!!


My view leaving work today

View tonight from the front porch

No comments:

Post a Comment