Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trying Something New

I do not like vegetables with the exception of green beans, only out of a can, not fresh, and corn.  [I know potatoes are vegetables but everyone likes potatoes so I don't really count them]  I always get teased because I can eat green beans with every meal and be perfectly content, however, there are some *cough* (Luis) who like variety in their meals.  I can't help that I am just like my father; we like what we like.

Dad and I circa 1984

However, in the past year or so I have tried to be more open to trying vegetables of other sorts.  So, I've made Luis asparagus; it tasted too green, and broccoli; hated it, can't even stand the smell of it.  Tonight I tried again, but this time with Squash.  I found a recipe that used peaches and coconut when you cook it so I thought that might help disguise the vegetableness of it.


Low and behold, it wasn't too bad.  I won't say it's something I would enjoy with every meal like my staple veggie, green beans, but I will probably make it again.  Luis would be so proud of me.  Who knows what I might try next!

No comments:

Post a Comment